You Tube Video:
BARF stands for was available raw food and was published by the Australian veterinary surgeon Dr Ian Billinghurst. It used high-quality, raw ingredients that contain lots of vitamins, proteins, minerals, and trace elements. It is cooked anything. Stomach and intestines of the dog are differently aligned as in humans on the exploitation of raw meat. The colon is significantly shorter in relation to the people and dissipates faster food porridge. Except for the addition of raw meat is pork. Should never raw fed pork due to the risk of infection. But also generally is to respect much, so no danger for dog and man with an own feed composition.
Properly feeding raw organic dog food
- Dogs may eat also fettreicher with a lot of movement
- Dogs in the growth need a higher Eiweisanteil and calcium
- Hollow bones are poultry cooking should never be fed
- Cooked bones can splinter easier
- Also frozen generously feed raw RIndfleisch
- Avoid raw pork
- Some carbohydrates mix
- Some vegetables mix
- Some fruit mix
- A few teaspoons mix in edible oil
- The whole thing then mash to a pulp and directly feed
- Bone can be fed as treats outside of meals
Benefits of organic feed conversion
Skin conditions such as dandruff or rashes are sometimes due to poor and unbalanced nutrition. Many amino acids, vitamins, enzymes and nutrients are destroyed by the high heat and high pressure. The necessary nutrients must be disposed of so later artificially the organic feed to remedy. Has the balanced feeding the dog of less deficiencies and diet-related rashes disappear. To trade vets offers and often expensive dog food packages, which also just even fresh can be together.
Problems with pure BARF feeding
- Is a good calcium bone feed supplier, but the healthy calcium level must be determined depending on the dog
- Protein surplus leads to undigested proteins in the intestine, they can create much ammonia and amine what represents a risk especially for animals with impaired liver and kidney function
- Admixture of carbohydrate units are an alternative.
- Thyroid tissue can lead to an overactive of thyroid
- Dog can be the source of infection
- Raw feed risk of diseases
The most safest and healthiest way to BARF is a mixture of pieces of frozen meat frozen vegetables, fruit and some carbohydrates. Here you should pay attention to hygiene in processing and in dealing with the dogs.
Cost of BARF and raw feeding
Depending on the reference source can be of following cost
- 0.03 euro up 0.1 euro per kilo
- 10 kg dog > 9-30 Euro per month
- 20 kilo dog > 18-60 Euro per month
- 30 kilo dog > 27-90 euro per month
- 40 kg dog > 36-120 Euro per month
- 50 kilo dog > 45-150 euro per month